Monday, January 9, 2012

Update on the Bass Trumpet

Found a block of valve casings in the back that are slightly larger than the King 600 - about .470" maybe a little larger. No pistons anywhere though, and I don't feel like digging through a drawer to find them.

Finished the first valve tubing and I'm pretty sure I have the correct length for the second valve. The third slide is giving me issues. I need to find one piece of tubing that is about 6.5" long and .517" OD, essentially the outer slide on the casing side of the main slide in the leadpipe of a King 600 trumpet. I found all the other parts from other King 600 blocks, but one of them didn't have this part. A search through the back came up with nothing, I may have to dig around for some larger tubing - or if I can find all three of those valves....

Then I just need to cut the tuning slide by about 3 inches so that I can remove it. Brace everything after that and then it should be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment